Former Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin is using Facebook to wield her political endorsement prowess to back Republicans in several Senate races in the midterm elections.
The former GOP vice-presidential candidate’s Facebook post Tuesday criticized proposed cap-and-trade legislation, which Palin dubbed “cap-and-tax” — and then she also made the case for the opporunity to defeat the measure by electing these “commonsense conservatives”:
- John Raese in West Virginia, where he faces Gov. Joe Manchin
- Pat Toomey in Pennsylvania, in a tight race with Joe Sestak
- Joe Miller in Alaska, in virtually tied brawl with Sen. Lisa Murkowski, whom he supposedly vanquished in the GOP primary but who is running as an independent. The Democrat in the race is Sitka Mayor Scott McAdams.
- Rand Paul, who is in a contentious battle with Jack Conway in Kentucky
- Sharron Angle in Nevada, against Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid
- John Boozman in Arkansas, who is running against the vulnerable Democratic Sen Blanche Lincoln.
- Carly Fiorina in California, who’s challenging longtime Democratic U.S. Sen. Barbara Boxer.
Palin described the Senate as “the most prestigious body in the world” and said the consequences of Senate votes extend “far beyond that chamber.” Palin’s Facebook page has more than 2,300,000 fans, and she posts almost daily.
© 2014 Newsmax. All rights reserved.