Former White House chief of staff Rahm Emanuel leads his nearest competitor in the race for Chicago mayor by 27 points says a new poll, according to an AHN report. Meanwhile, objections are being filed challenging Emanuel's legal residency.
The "We Ask America poll" results:
• Emanuel with 39 percent support,
• Former Sen. Carol Moseley Braun with 12 percent,
• Former City Colleges Board chair Gery Chico with 9 percent.
• Rep. Danny Davis (D-IL), city clerk Miguel del Valle and state Sen. James Meeks all have less than 8 percent support.
• Others in the crowded field of 20 contenders received less than 2 percent.
• Nineteen percent of voters were undecided.
Emanuel has been at the White House as the president's top aide for almost two years as he heads into the cowed contest. Municipal election law has a one-year residency requirement.
© 2014 Newsmax. All rights reserved.