Politico lists five major issues to be addressed at the Republican presidential debate tonight – from the interplay between frontrunners Rick Perry and Mitt Romney to the status of laggards Herman Cain, Newt Gingrich, and Rick Santorum.
Here is a summary of the five top topics Politico says to watch for
- “Does Perry stumble or survive?” The Texas governor will be the most closely watched candidate at the debate.
- “Will Romney go after Perry by name?” With Perry having surpassed the former Massachusetts governor in recent polls, Romney may have to get more aggressive.
- “Can Michele Bachmann break through?” The Minnesota representative’s campaign has failed to gain much traction since her victory last month in the Iowa Straw Poll.
- “Will Jon Huntsman bring his ‘truth telling’ from the Sunday talk shows to his opponents?” The former Utah governor needs to make more of an impression.
- “Can Gingrich, Santorum, and Cain prove that they’re relevant?” All three remain way back in the polls.
© 2015 Newsmax. All rights reserved.