Billionaire Donald Trump is the winner of the Drudge Report Poll
taken following the first Republican presidential debate.
Texas Sen. Ted Cruz came in second place in the online poll of more than 190,000 Drudge Report visitors, which was taken directly following the debate on Thursday night. The poll only included the candidates who participated in the Fox News debate with the top 10 candidates.
Here is a breakdown of the poll results:
- Donald Trump: 38 percent
- Ted Cruz: 15.5 percent
- Neurosurgeon Dr. Ben Carson: 10.2 percent
- Florida Sen. Marco Rubio: 9.7 percent
- Kentucky Sen. Rand Paul: 9.3 percent
- Ohio Gov. John Kasich: 4.9 percent
- Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker: 4.5 percent
- Former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee: 3.5 percent
- Former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush: 2.5 percent
- New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie: 1.4 percent
Several political pundits said that former Hewlett-Packard CEO Carly Fiorina
was the winner of the first debate, which included the seven Republican presidential candidates, who didn't make the top 10.
Google Trends said on Twitter than Fiorina was the "top searched [name] in more states than any other #GOPdebate early candidates."
© 2016 Newsmax. All rights reserved.