The manhunt continues in Watertown, Mass., Friday as police search door-to-door for 19-year-old Dzhokhar Tsarnaev, the second Boston bombing suspect, and officials said there has been "no apprehension" yet.
Massachusetts Governor Deval Patrick, Boston Mayor Thomas Menino, Boston State Police Chief Timothy Alben, and Watertown Police Chief Edward Deveau briefed the media Friday as the town remains in lockdown.
Patrick extended the order for residents to stay indoors and warned them to be cautious, as Tsarnaev is considered armed and dangerous.
"Keep the doors locked and don¹t open them unless there's a uniformed, identified police officer," Patrick said.
Menino thanked the Boston area for cooperating with the investigation.
"We are one city. We're a city that's not going to let the terrorists win," Menino said. "We're going get through this and be a stronger city as we move forward."
Police said they are about 60 to 70 percent finished combing a 20-block area around Watertown, but so far there has been "no apprehension."
Alben said there will be a controlled explosion at a home in Cambridge, where the suspects reportedly live, to detonate a device before police can search the premises.
The news comes in the midst of a massive manhunt Friday for the second Boston Marathon bombing suspect after a night filled with car chases, gunfire, and explosives.
The two suspects, brothers from Chechnya who have been in the United States for more than a decade, led police on a chase early Friday morning that ended in the death of Suspect #1, Tamerlan Tsarnaev, 26, and a Massachusetts Institute of Technology police officer.
The chaos began about six hours after authorities released photos of the two bombing suspects to the media Thursday. Overnight, the men reportedly robbed a 7-Eleven, shot an MIT police officer to death, carjacked an SUV, and hurled explosives out the window during a chase with police. A Transit Officer was also wounded in the scuffle.
Ruslan Tsarni, the suspects' uncle, told reporters Friday that the brothers immigrated to the United States in 2000 or 2001 and have lived in Cambridge since then. He is outraged that his nephews are supposedly responsible for the twin bombs at Monday's marathon that killed three and injured more than 150, as well as the overnight mayhem early Friday.
"These are my nephews! My brother's sons!" Tsarni told reporters. "It's a big family — the parents are still in Russia. They are from a hard-working family who ran away from Chechnya. A good family. This is terrible. I have no sympathy for them. I hate them — they murdered people!"
Tsarni called the elder brother, Tamerlan, a "loser."
"I would call him a 'loser,' you know?" Tsarni told CBS Boston. "I heard he's not been in school, I'm not even sure what he's been doing with him. I just cut with him."
Tsarni also urged his younger nephew to surrender.
"I say Dzhokhar, if you're alive, turn yourself in. And ask for forgiveness from the victims," a visibly animated and upset Tsarni said.
"He put a shame on our family — he put a shame on the entire Chechen ethnicity. Turn yourself in!"
Another uncle, Alvi Sarnav of Maryland, told CBS News he's in shock that his relatives could commit such heinous crimes.
"I can't believe this. It's not possible," Sarnav said. "My nephews can't do like this stuff. It's crazy. I can't believe it. When I heard this on the news I was thinking who can do like this stuff."
The suspects' father, speaking from Russia, told the Associated Press that his youngest son Dzhokar is a medical student in the U.S.
"My son is a true angel," the Anzor Tsarnaev told the Associated Press.
"Dzhokhar is a second-year medical student in the U.S. He is such an intelligent boy. We expected him to come on holidays here."
A West New York woman who was identified as the suspects' sister said she can't believe what has happened, according to CBS New York.
"They are smart. My older brother was smart. I don¹t know what got into them. I have no idea what got into them," Alina Tsarnaeva said. "I'm not OK, no one is OK. It¹s very shocking news."
President Barack Obama has reportedly been briefed on the situation, according to NBC News.
© 2014 Newsmax. All rights reserved.