There are multiple health benefits of zinc, some of which are direct and some indirect. Here’s a look at what it does for your body:
1. One of the confirmed benefits of zinc is its positive effect on skin; it may help cure acne and pimples. Zinc may also help cure eczema and wounds because of its role in the synthesis of collagen.
2. Zinc helps immensely in the treatment of prostate disorders. Zinc deficiency causes prostate enlargement, making the person susceptible to cancer. A daily amount of zinc is helpful for those suffering from prostate disorders.
3. Zinc helps treat the common cold. It has been proven to decrease the duration and severity of cold and cold-related illness.
4. Zinc plays a fundamental role in weight loss and appetite control.
5. Zinc benefits are well-known in the context of pregnancy and reproduction. Due to its role in the repair and functioning of DNA, zinc plays a role in the quick growth of cells. In males, zinc helps in the development of sex organs.
6. Zinc also helps in the general biological processes of diabetes control, stress level optimization, and immune response. It also has known benefits in the process of digestion.
7. Zinc also helps control aging, aids in protein synthesis, energy metabolism, carbohydrate metabolism, and control of several hormonal levels.
8. An interesting zinc benefit is that of vision improvement. It has been proven that zinc helps treat night blindness. Some foods such as crab, oysters, beef, and lamb are rich in zinc and are therefore prescribed to individuals suffering from night blindness.
© Newsmax. All rights reserved.