When it comes to choosing the right wedding dress, today’s cosmopolitan bride is spoilt for choice. Wedding gowns come in different styles and shapes to compliment different body types. Choose your wedding gown with care since not all styles and fabric will suit you. Here are 10 of the best wedding dress styles:
1. Mermaid: If you are blessed with a stunning figure, then the mermaid style wedding gown is for you. The choice of fabric is endless, and you may try one with off-shoulder straps. Designed in the shape of a mermaid, this wedding dress fits snugly to the knees and may end with a train. Ideal for petite women with small busts and a slim waist.
2. Vintage Ball Gown: The ball gown wedding dress will make you look and feel like a real princess! Just make sure you wear your silver slippers. While this style is not recommended for those with a thick waist size, a vintage ball gown with a full skirt flatters pear-shaped brides.
3. Origami: Inspired by the Japanese traditional art of paper folding, the origami style wedding gown comes embellished with artful origami creations. Choose the fabric you prefer.
4. Bohemian: It is no longer unusual to wear a non-white wedding gown. Several brands in the country create colorful wedding gowns — an inspired choice for brides who dislike the typical white wedding dress. For the boho-chic bride, we recommend the Vera Wang 2010 wedding collection, which is supposedly inspired from the film The Bride Wore Black!
5. Princess Style: With its lack of a defined waistline, the princess style wedding dress flatters large-waisted brides. It also disguises large hips and a pear-shaped body type.
6. A-Line: Most brides prefer to wear the A-line wedding dress, since it suits most body types. An A-line gown with clean contours creates the impression of a taller figure.
7. Disney Style: Are you a closet Disney princess? For a gorgeous fairy tale wedding gown, visit the Disney stockist in your area. From the Cinderella dress to other stunning creations, Disney aims to “connect to every girl’s inner princess!”
8. Sheath: Recommended for the small and slim frame, the sheath style wedding dress fits tight with hems and ends just above the knees. Sheaths elegantly show off the bride’s figure, especially a small waist and toned legs.
9. Empire Waist: An empire waist wedding gown fits around the bust line and the rest of the dress falls straight. This centuries-old style is still popular for its elegance of design. An empire waist gown will have you looking like a buxom bride!
10. Hourglass: Resembling an hourglass, this wedding gown is a good choice for the bride with the perfect figure and the right curves. Alternatively, select a two-piece hourglass gown or a corset bodice that will accentuate your waist.
© Newsmax. All rights reserved.