Watermelon is juicy, sweet, and tastes delicious, but that’s not the only reason you should eat it! There are also health benefits associated with eating watermelon. Watermelon comes in many varieties, and offers a refreshing and inexpensive way to stay cool. However, if you still need convincing, here are some reasons why you should eat watermelon:
1. Watermelon is a fat-free food that is full of water. Therefore, you get to enjoy all you want and get some water intake at the same time. You can eat as much as you like and not worry about gaining a pound.
2. You can load up on potassium when you eat watermelon. Potassium helps to fight cancer, heart disease, and stroke. Watermelon can also help with your blood sugar levels. So, eat up!
3. Watermelons have high levels of carotenoids, which also gives it the rich red color on the inside. Carotenoids help prevent certain types of cancers.
4. Rich in fiber, watermelon will help you stay full longer. This is helpful to those trying to lose weight. The fiber found in watermelon will help with digestion and keep things moving.
5. Watermelon can also balance the acid in your stomach that causes heartburn. This only works with ripe watermelons. To ensure that your watermelon is ripe, the bottom should be yellow or cream in color. If it is green or white it isn't ripe.
6. Watermelon may also help with anxiety and panic attacks as it contains vitamin B6, which is known for its positive effect on those with panic disorders.
7. Vitamin A is known to help the body fight infections and watermelon has plenty of it.
Did you ever imagine that just by eating a watermelon you could receive so many benefits to your health? Surely, you won’t look at a watermelon the same again. In fact, you might not be able to pass one up the next time you are in the supermarket. Just remember, you should eat your watermelon within three days of slicing it open to maintain freshness.
© Newsmax. All rights reserved.