While diet pills, vitamins, and protein supplements for women are not any substitute for a well-balanced diet regime, they surely help to meet women’s nutritional needs and maintain well-being. These supplements also support various health conditions that are specific to women.
• Vitamin supplements for women become necessary when the diet does not provide enough vitamins. A good multivitamin supplement formula having vitamin B complex and vitamins A, C, D, and E ensures adequate intake of vitamins.
• Minerals that are more important for women are iron, calcium, and zinc. RDAs for iron and calcium are 18-25mg/day and 1000-1200mg/day, respectively.
• Dietary supplements for women must include essential fatty acids (omega 3, GLA), amino acids, enzymes, anti-oxidants (vitamins A, C, and E), and folic acid.
• Include probiotic based dietary supplements for women as they help build friendly gut bacteria and improve digestion.
• Look for supplements containing fewer synthetic compounds. Evening primrose oil, vitex, borage oil, etc. are often prescribed for women.
• Read labels before buying, and always consult your doctor about the formula needed, duration, and dosage. Large doses of certain vitamins and minerals taken over a long duration may have serious side effects.
For more on supplements, see below:
Supplements for Women's Health
© 2014 Newsmax. All rights reserved.