Signs of a vitamin B12 deficiency are difficult to pinpoint and are sometimes confused with other general ailments. The vitamin B12 deficiency test is a quick blood test to establish if one has this vitamin deficiency.
The top five signs of vitamin B12 deficiency are:
1. Loss of appetite: Unwillingness to eat or finding food tasteless is an initial and important sign of vitamin B12 deficiency.
2. Fatigue and weakness: This is primarily due to the patient’s unwillingness to eat. If you observe both the first and second signs of vitamin B12 deficiency, head to the nearest health facility for a vitamin B12 deficiency test.
3. Sores on tongue and mouth are a third important sign of a deficiency. If your mouth develops small ulcers and the corners of your lips get dry and sore, you need to get a vitamin B12 deficiency test. This may help overcome the deficiency.
4. Rapid heartbeat or palpitations are another sign of vitamin B12 deficiency related to the heart.
5. Shortness of breath is also, in many cases, a symptom of a deficiency of vitamin B12.
© Newsmax. All rights reserved.