Valerian is an herb that is native to Europe and Asia and parts of the plant are sold as dietary supplements for the treatment of insomnia, nervous tension, and as a sleeping aid.
Products available on the market that are good sources of Valerian include the following options:
1. Valerian (Standardized): This is the pure form of Valerian and is used for spasms, hypertension, insomnia, headache, hyperactivity, hyper-excitability, anxiety, tension, and stress. It is generally sold in capsule form.
2. Herbal Plus Standardized Valerian Root: The product comes in capsule form. Each capsule contains 500 mg Valerian Root extract with at least 0.8% valerenic acid.
3. VPH: Herbal preparation with L-Theanine, valerian, passionflower, hops, and skullcap provide a formula that promotes positive mood and relaxation.
4. Super Snooze with Melatonin: This supplement includes valerian root, hops, scullcap, chamomile, passion flower, calcium carbonate, magnesium oxide, phosphorus, inositol, L-taurine, and melatonin. It comes in capsule form.
5. Silent Night: This formula contains Valerian, Hops, and Scullcap to induce a relaxing effect on the body.
6. Super Snooze With Melatonin Caps: This supplement is comprised of Valerian Root, Chamomile, Passion Flower, and Melatonin.
7. Valerian Root Liquid Extract: This supplement works in synergy with the body's natural cycle to help promote relaxation.
8. Valerian Nighttime: This supplement comes in tablet form. It contains a blend of Valerian and Lemon Balm extracts.
9. Hops Valerian Combo: This capsule contains Valerian, Hops, and Skullcap.
10. Valerian Root Fluid Extract: This extract is carefully prepared from the freshly harvested and organically cultivated roots of Valerian.
© Newsmax. All rights reserved.