Valerian is a medicinal herb that has been used for centuries in ancient Rome and Greece as a natural remedy for insomnia. Valerian root is the most common source of valerian. Some of the symptoms of valerian deficiency include insomnia, depression, and excess emotional and nervous tension.
The top five symptoms of valerian deficiency are:
1. One of the most common of all the valerian deficiency symptoms is the lack of proper Rapid Eye Movement (REM) sleep. An adult human requires at least 90-120 minutes of good, sound REM sleep to recover from all tensions after a hectic day. Valerian is a mild sedative that is one of the best ways to cure insomnia and other sleep disorders naturally as it has a natural calming effect. It can be taken in the form of the herb, tea, or a natural supplement like Valerian root liquid extract or Valerian nighttime to induce peaceful and calm sleep.
2. Another highly distressing valerian deficiency symptom is physical pain like headaches and general body-aches that include cramps, spasms, as well as muscle pain. People engaged in a job that requires high energy are advised to take natural valerian supplements to replenish and re-energize their body every day.
3. Studies have shown that a high intake of valerian reduces nervous tension, balances mood problems, and reduces menstrual cramps to a very high extent. Some of the best natural supplements for Valerian are Valerian root extract and other Valerian products.
4. Although Valerian has been known as a mild sedative, it also has qualities of a daytime relaxant and can be easily used to increase poor concentration and performance of students. In general, students who have very poor memory and low concentration are known to have a deficiency of valerian. Increasing valerian intake in their diet has improved their performance tremendously.
5. Valerian deficiency could also be the cause of certain severe conditions such as multiple sclerosis, epilepsy, as well as palsy. Although there are very few studies to prove it, it has been seen that increased intake of valerian has tremendously reduced the risk as well as severity of such conditions.
© Newsmax. All rights reserved.