Witch hazel, a medicinal shrub with many therapeutic applications, offers a natural remedy for hemorrhoids, oily skin, dandruff, and even for digestive and respiratory troubles.
Witch hazel is used in topical creams and lotions for improving facial glow and when added to one's diet it can ward off hemorrhoids and varicose veins.
Here are a few important uses of witch hazel:
• Witch Hazel for the Face: Witch hazel’s astringent properties make it a perfect choice to clean your face and lighten your complexion. Witch hazel creams can help to tighten facial skin and offer a natural remedy for acne and eczema.
• Witch Hazel for Oily Skin: Natural, mild witch hazel lotions effectively remove excess oil and grime from the face and also treat insect bites, bruises, and sunburn.
• Natural Remedy for Hemorrhoids: The anti-inflammatory properties of witch hazel render it a natural remedy for painful hemorrhoids by restoring the constricted blood vessels to normalcy.
• Reduce Dandruff: Apply witch-hazel-based oils, shampoos, or cream to reduce the scaliness of the scalp and reduce dandruff.
• Witch Hazel in Your Diet: The flavonoids in witch hazel tea often improve digestive complaints such as dysentery, indigestion, and cramps.
For more information on witch hazel, see below
How Do I Get Rid of Dandruff?
Health Benefits of Witch Hazel
© 2014 Newsmax. All rights reserved.