Every minute of every day someone somewhere has an upset stomach. All those people are looking for the best solutions to their upset stomachs. There are easy solutions, both for long-term and short-term problems.
Stomach aches can be caused by overeating or too much acid from not eating. They can also be caused by another condition, like pregnancy. There are several things that can be done to get quick relief, including:
- Ginger: Ginger has been used as a cure for an upset stomach for centuries in China. It can take the form of ginger ale, either flat or bubbly, tea, or ginger candy. Some people choose to eat fresh or pickled ginger as well.
- Chamomile: This herb is usually taken as a tea. Not only does it work to calm a sick stomach, it can also help with sleepless nights.
- Peppermint: This can either be drunk as a tea, or by eating a peppermint candy.
- Saltine crackers: These are a good cure for an upset stomach caused by too much acid or not eating. Many pregnant women have used this solution for their upset stomachs. It gives them a little something in their tummies, which often soothes a queasy stomach.
Ulcers and heartburn are just two of the chronic stomach problems that people can have. There are things that people can do to minimize the effects of those stomach disorders including:
- Maintain a healthy diet: Most chronic stomach disorders can be controlled by watching your diet. Avoiding spicy food, overly rich food, or fatty foods controls heartburn and ulcer pain.
- Medication: For stomach problems that aren't controlled by any other means there are several medications that can be used, either daily or on an as needed basis.
© 2014 Newsmax. All rights reserved.