Idaho is located in the Pacific Northwest. Although it is one of the least populated states in the U.S., it offers some excellent universities and colleges. The following are the five best colleges and universities in Idaho offering both undergraduate and graduate degrees:
- University of Idaho: The University of Idaho (UI), founded in 1889, was the state’s first university. UI offers undergraduate and graduate education programs on campus and online. Liberal arts programs include law, accounting, chemical engineering, zoology, agribusiness, counseling and human services, and conservation and environmental science. UI has various sports teams including those for basketball, golf, track, tennis, volleyball, soccer, swimming, and football as a part of the NCAA Division I-A.
- Idaho State University, Pocatello: Idaho State University (ISU) was founded in 1901. This university offers both undergraduate and graduate education programs in arts and science, engineering, business, education, health profession, technology, and pharmacology. The institution also offers continuing education courses through distance learning programs for adult learners. ISU has several sports teams competing in the NCAA Division including football, basketball, cross country, golf, tennis, track and field, and women's volleyball.
- Boise State University, Boise: Boise State University was founded in 1932 as Boise Junior College by the Episcopal Church. This university offers both graduate and undergraduate education degrees. Graduate programs include arts and science, business and economics, education, engineering, health science, social science, and public affairs. The Bronco football team has had much success in recent years. Boise State University is home to the Broncos Stadium.
- Brigham Young University, Rexburg: Brigham Young University was founded in 1888 as Bannock state Academy by the church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day saints. This institution offers both associates and bachelor's degree programs. Its education programs include communication, business, dance, engineering, psychology, nutrition, nursing, and geological sciences. BYU has a renowned distance learning program focusing on providing classes via online and video.
- Lewis-Clark State College, Lewiston: Lewis-Clark State College was founded in 1893. This institution offers certificates, associates, and bachelor's degrees. Its education programs include automated manufacturing, bookkeeping, collision repair, heating air conditioning, hotel/restaurant management, industrial electronics, welding, nursing, and paralegal training. Lewis-Clark State College's baseball team has won many National Championships in the NAIA.
© Newsmax. All rights reserved.