Maryland has many internationally-acclaimed educational institutions — over 100 colleges and universities are located here. Of these, 56 are accredited. Many of them are located in and around the Baltimore and Washington areas. The following is a list of five of the top colleges in Maryland:
1. John Hopkins University: Located in Baltimore, Maryland, this university is not far from Washington, D.C. The university is known for excellence in teaching and research, especially in applied science and medicine. These two disciplines have won more federal research awards than any other institute in the country. The university offers a range of programs in the humanities, arts and music, social and natural sciences, international studies, and business and education.
2. Towson University: It is the second largest university in Maryland, and is among the best regional public universities, offering over 100 degree courses. Located in suburban Baltimore, students have a unique opportunity to get jobs, internships, and research positions in metropolitan Baltimore. Originally started as a training school for teachers in Baltimore, it has developed into the second largest public university in Maryland.
3. University of Maryland, Baltimore County: This is a great school for science and technology. It has a world-class technical center and offers research opportunities that provide ideas and support to other institutions and corporations around the world. Located in Baltimore County, Maryland, the college is well-known for natural sciences and engineering. It also offers a range of liberal arts programs.
4. University of Maryland, College Park: This university is the flagship institution of the University System of Maryland, boasting a diverse student body. Located in College Park in Price George’s county, Maryland, it is the largest university in the state and in the Washington Metropolitan Area.
5. University of Maryland, University College: Founded in 1947, this institution makes use of remote classrooms, and evening classes, to educate and professionally develop adult students. It provides an ideal atmosphere for learning, and has many outreach programs. Located in Adelphi in Prince George’s county, Maryland, it is the second largest public university in Maryland. It has a vastly diverse student body, and is one of the largest distance learning universities. It offers in-class and online academic programs, including bachelor’s, master’s, doctoral, and certificate degrees. It also caters to those in the military.
Each university with its research, guidance, and outreach programs serves the community and beyond.
© Newsmax. All rights reserved.