It is important to select a top-notch college that will provide you not only with programs that support today’s career sectors, but also with faculty from whom you can learn your trade well, and become job-ready. There are about 35 colleges and universities in Nevada for you to choose from that are located in the Las Vegas and Reno area.
Here’s a list of the five best colleges and universities in Nevada:
- University of Nevada, Las Vegas, which was established in 1957, is known for its hospitality, engineering, and English programs. The university includes the College of Business and Fine Arts and the College for Liberal Arts and Science, which are accredited by the Northwest Commission of Colleges and Universities. It is located on the southern tip of Nevada.
- Nevada State College, Henderson, another top college in Nevada was founded in 2002. They have three different institutions including a School of Education, School of Liberal Arts and Sciences, and School of Nursing. The college offers a Bachelor of Applied Sciences, among many others.
- Great Basin College, Nevada, is another state-of-the-art college that showcases the newest in high tech instructional apparatus. This institution provides the opportunity for Nevada residents to earn their associate and bachelors' degrees. The school also has advisors who offer consultation, information on placement, and orientation. This college also provides students with degree and certificate programs.
- Everest College is one of the best colleges in Nevada and has multiple locations. This institution offers financial aid for all those who qualify. Everest College provides additional services like tutoring, a resource center with Internet access, and internships. Some of the educational programs available are accounting, business administration, paralegal, and criminal justice.
- College of Southern Nevada in Clark County is one of the largest public institutions of higher education. It has a two year as well as four year degree program in Dental Hygiene. The College of Southern Nevada also provides job training in about 75 different fields and has around 200 degree and technical courses. A degree in hospitality and training with specialization in culinary arts, travel, and tourism also forms a part of the curriculum at the College of Southern Nevada.
© Newsmax. All rights reserved.