In the past, most tuberculosis patients were isolated because of the contagious nature of the disease. Recently, many specialized hospitals and treatment centers have emerged to handle the disease and its treatment more exclusively than ever done in the history of medicine. The top ten treatment centers for tuberculosis include:
- Heartland National TB Center (HNTC) is among the best tuberculosis treatment centers. One of the few fortunate institutions funded by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), this tuberculosis treatment center is affiliated with four other top-notch health centers.
- Francis J Curry National TB Center is among the best tuberculosis treatment centers. This tuberculosis treatment center creates, imparts, enhances, and researches the best control and elimination techniques to combat tuberculosis. Also a part of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), this treatment center has collaborated with the San Francisco TB Control Program.
- The San Diego County TB Control Program is another excellent tuberculosis treatment center. Their proactive programs and services have contributed significantly to TB treatment and management. Their database has also been used to identify numerous homeless patients in need of TB treatment.
- National Jewish Health is often considered one of the best centers for treatment of respiratory, allergic, and immune disorders. This tuberculosis treatment center was founded in 1899 with the objective of treating tuberculosis exclusively. The treatment center later expanded in order to treat other respiratory related disorders.
- AMHC’s Residential Treatment Facility (RTF) is among the best available residential treatment centers for tuberculosis in the country, coming fifth in the list of the top tuberculosis treatment centers. With a farmhouse situated in Aroostook’s County, this facility is unique.
- Johns Hopkins University does not have an exclusive residential program for tuberculosis, yet it stands in the sixth position among tuberculosis treatment centers because it is one of the best hospitasl in the U.S. Apart from this, this treatment center has also significantly contributed to research on tuberculosis.
- The Cochise County, Arizona, has some exceptional TB programs. Funded by the Arizona Department of Health Services and the County of Cochise, the infrastructure offers immediate attention if they are contacted via email or phone.
- Cleveland Clinic, with the third largest educational program in the nation, stands a close eighth on this list. It is one of the largest private treatment centers in the world. Founded in 1921, this treatment center has a stocked history of combating tuberculosis since the First World War.
- New Jersey Medical School Global Tuberculosis Institute aims at conquering tuberculosis worldwide. This tuberculosis treatment center has played a pivotal role in the international arena, apart from carrying out significant research and national TB programs.
- Mayo Clinic is one of the world leaders in transplants. It is a non-profit organization and one of the top healthcare facilities in North America. It has several clinics spread across the country.
© Newsmax. All rights reserved.