Obsessive-compulsive disorder, as the name suggests, is a mental disorder in which the mind shows persistent signs of anxiety due to recurring and obsessive thoughts and feelings. People suffering from OCD need special care and may want to be treated at specialty clinics for this disorder.
Numerous obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD) treatment centers have sprung up all over the world. The following is a list of treatment centers for obsessive-compulsive disorder:
1. Austin Center for the Treatment of Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder: This is one of the best treatment centers for obsessive-compulsive disorder. Treatment is available for children, adolescents, and adults. This center offers a range of low cost outpatient treatment options.
2. The Massachusetts General Hospital Obsessive Compulsive Disorders Institute: This institute is one of the most popular treatment centers for obsessive-compulsive disorder. It serves as a national and regional center dedicated to providing hospital care and intensive residential levels of care for individuals suffering from severe or treatment-resistant OCD.
3. Clinical Psychology Unit (CPU): Part of the University of New South Wales, Australia; this institute offers OCD treatment, and simultaneously promotes different OCD-related research projects.
4. Department of Psychiatry, School of Medicine, Indiana University: This institute has an Adult Psychiatry Outpatient Clinic to treat various psychiatric disorders, including OCD, with the help of medications and even psychotherapy. The institute boasts of OCD/Tic/Anxiety Disorders Clinic for children and teens.
5. Menninger Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder Treatment Center: This institute is one of the most popular treatment centers for obsessive-compulsive disorder, which offers a hospital treatment program for those suffering from severe OCD. It also treats anxiety disorders in adolescents between 12 and 17 years and in adults above 18 years of age.
6. UCSD Obsessive-Compulsive Disorders Clinic, University of California: This is another famous institute for obsessive compulsive disorder treatment in San Diego, California.
7. University of Chicago Hospitals Department of Psychiatry: This is one of the most popular treatment centers for obsessive-compulsive disorder, which provides meticulous and accurate diagnostic evaluations. This center offers short-term care for patients.
8. Western Psychiatric Institute and Clinic: This institute is a branch of the University of Pittsburgh Medical Center, which offers various treatment options for OCD.
9. Wayne State University OCD Clinical Research Program: This is another obsessive-compulsive disorder treatment center in Detroit, Michigan.
10. Yale Child Study Center, TS/OCD Specialty Clinic: The Yale University School of Medicine in New Haven, Connecticut, is another one of the most popular treatment centers for obsessive-compulsive disorder.
© Newsmax. All rights reserved.