French women can be seen eating bread, cheese, and chocolate, and drinking wine, yet they generally remain thin. Most French men and women continue to eattraditional French food, even while on a diet.
Typical French foods include potatoes, poultry, salads, breads, cheeses, desserts, meat, and charcuterie. Pastries are another favorite French food. In France, traditionally, food and dining remains a social and family-centered activity, with exercise and mobility aiding in weight loss.
Eating like the French:
- A typical French breakfast includes a cup of coffee. French diet secrets say that there is no reason to skip a meal, even when one is looking to lose weight fast. Energy for the rest of the day can come from a cup of yogurt, an apple, and a handful of nuts.
- One diet tip suggests that coffee should be followed by a small muffin, though this is not a French practice.
- Lunch derived from French diet secrets would typically consist of a full meal and include bread, cream sauces, dessert, and red wine. France is known for its grape industry and its wide range of wineries and distilleries. The secret of losing weight is to opt for small portions, but with varied content.
- French cuisine consists of season specific fruits and vegetables. Potato dishes are also a part of French cuisine. Diet tips suggest including these dishes, as they are known to make you feel full in small portions because of their high amount of complex carbohydrates. This means that they take longer to digest and get converted into fat.
- French meals are complemented by wine beverages. Red wine, rich in antioxidants, aids digestion and curbs the build-up of toxins from what you eat. It also contains resveratrol, found in the skin of grapes, which aids in weight loss.
© Newsmax. All rights reserved.