Tetanus, commonly known as lockjaw, is a medical condition in which a patient suffers from prolonged episodes of spasms, especially in the skeletal muscle fibers. Some of the tetanus symptoms include lockjaw, facial spasms, as well as stiffness and rigidity in the neck, as well as calf muscles.
One of the first steps towards ensuring a proper treatment for tetanus is to find tetanus treatment centers that are well equipped and offer the best and most reliable treatment of this disease. Some of the best known tetanus treatment centers in the United States are listed below:
- Charity Hospital, New Orleans, Louisiana: This is a renowned treatment center for tetanus. It has the best technically trained staff at the disposal of the patients.
- Children’s Hospital, Boston: The Children’s Hospital in Boston has been one of the most successful hospitals in the treatment of tetanus, especially in children. It focuses on reducing the period of facial spasms as well as other tetanus symptoms like trismus and risus sardonicus.
- The Children’s Hospital, Colorado: The Children’s Hospital, Colorado, is also a major treatment center for tetanus in the country. With an excellent inpatient facility, this hospital has highly efficient modes of treatment of different symptoms of the disease.
- Mayo Clinic, Minnesota: The Mayo Clinic is noted for its high technical expertise and the use of interdisciplinary methods in the treatment of tetanus. The inpatient and outpatient facilities of the Mayo Clinic are excellent.
- Massachusetts General Hospital, Massachusetts: The Massachusetts General Hospital is a tetanus treatment center that has been accredited by the Joint Commission (JC) and also serves as a teaching hospital to staff with the latest methods of treatment.
- John Hopkins Hospital, Maryland: The John Hopkins Medical center, situated in Maryland, is a general medical and surgical center that also specializes in the tetanus treatment. Accredited by the JC as well as the CARF (Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities), this hospital has one of the best facilities for the treatment of tetanus.
- University of California, San Francisco Medical Center (UCSF): This treatment center for tetanus in California serves as a teaching institute as well as a medical center. New methods of tetanus treatment are also employed at the UCSF center.
- Ronald Reagan UCLA Medical Center, California: The center is renowned for its surgical and general medicine centers. It has one of the best outpatient facilities for tetanus treatment and has also been accredited by the JC.
- Cleveland Clinic, Ohio: The institute in Ohio has a good success rate in the treatment of tetanus. It has a team of highly skilled staff.
- Yale-New Haven Hospital, New Haven: The Yale-New Haven Hospital is also a teaching hospital and employs the most advanced treatment methods for tetanus.
© Newsmax. All rights reserved.