Syphilis is a sexually transmitted disease that is caused by a species of spirochetal bacterium. There are rare cases of congenital syphilis where the disease is transferred from mother to child at birth. Based on the severity, syphilis can be classified into primary, secondary, and tertiary stages. If untreated, syphilis can cause significant damage to the brain, heart, bones, and eyes.
Syphilis can be treated at most of the treatment centers designed for the treatment of sexually transmitted diseases. These syphilis treatment centers have expert physicians and specialized equipment for the diagnosis and treatment of syphilis. There are many treatment centers where diagnosis and treatment are provided free of cost..
The top 10 treatment centers for syphilis in the U.S. are:
1. Planned Parenthood, Los Angeles, CA
2. Riverside County Health Dept., Riverside, CA
3. Erie County Medical Center, Buffalo, NY
4. Planned Parenthood of South Central Indiana, Inc. Bloomington, IN
5. Bartholomew Co. Health Dept. STD Clinic, Columbus, IN
6. Anderson County Health Dept., Anderson, SC
7. State Department of Health Division of Disease Control State Capitol, Bismarck, ND
8. Regional STD Clinic, Alexandria, LA
9. Memphis Shelby Co. Health Dept., Memphis, TN
10. Pacific County Health Dept. Pacific County Courthouse South Bend, WA
© Newsmax. All rights reserved.