Liver disease is often the result of years of unhealthy lifestyle practices. Prevent liver problems and reduce the severity of symptoms of liver diseases by following these guidelines:
• Prevent liver diseases by abstaining from alcohol. Alcohol consumption and abuse overtime may lead to cirrhosis.
• Read the labels of over-the-counter drugs and prescribed medications carefully. Certain prescribed drugs may actually cause liver damage or hepatic toxicity.
• Adopt good nutrition practices. While eating a well-balanced nutritional diet may not prevent liver diseases completely, dietary practices help to build the body’s immune system and prevent liver infections.
• Restrict intake of saturated fats, processed foods, and excess intake of tobacco and caffeine.
• Hepatitis can be prevented by engaging in safe sexual practices, avoiding use of non-sterile needles, and undergoing regular STI testing. Contact your physician for appropriate vaccinations.
• If you detect symptoms of liver diseases, undergo diagnostic liver enzyme tests.
For more information on liver disease, see below:
Hepatitis C: Top 10 Treatment Centers
Hepatitis C: Top 5 Symptoms
Hepatitis B: Top 10 Treatment Centers
© 2014 Newsmax. All rights reserved.