The possible causes of nausea are the following:
1. Unpleasant odors
4. Disturbing thoughts
5. Contents of medicines in bloodstream
6. Viral infections
7. Seasickness or motion sickness
8. Morning sickness during pregnancy( it can occur at any or all hours of the day)
10. Food poisoning
11. Food allergies
12. Chemotherapy in cancer patients
13. Brain tumors
Vomiting is a reflexive action that can be triggered by various stimuli and conditions. Sometimes, it may so happen that seeing somebody vomit may make you vomit too. It is a reflexive action, an attempt to protect the body from the possible adverse effects of exposure to danger.
Nausea is not an illness, but may be a symptom of other medical conditions. Most of the time, nausea and vomiting do not necessitate immediate medical attention. If they continue to fester, then you may be having a more serious condition. Natural supplements for nausea may be your best bet.
There are various alternative supplements for nausea and vomiting. Most of these are natural home-remedies including:
1. Ginger: Ginger is one of the best natural supplements for nausea and vomiting. You can have it in any form to drive nausea away. Ginger tea and ginger bread are effective alternative supplements for nausea.
2.Aniseed: Brew aniseed and water to prepare aniseed tea. Drinking this concoction will relive you of nausea. Drink aniseed tea once a day. You can also sprinkle aniseed on carrots and eat them.
3. Clove: Boil powdered clove in water and drink the potion. It not only cures nausea and vomiting, but also ejects phlegm from your lungs. This can be used to cure a runny nose and nasty colds.
4.Cumin: Prepare tea with cumin and drink it. You will no longer feel nauseous.
5.Mint: Mint soothes the stomach and is a wonderful natural supplement for nausea. Boil mint leaves in water and drink it. Eating boiled mint leaves also helps fight nausea and vomiting.
6.Lemon Juice: Mix lemon juice with honey. Nausea and vomiting will no longer trouble you.
7.Milk: Drinking warm milk may help cure the sensation of nausea. Milk has a soothing effect on the stomach. If you want, you can add pieces of buttered toast.
8. Onion: A tablespoon of onion juice and ginger is sure to relieve you of nausea.
9. Vinegar: Take one tablespoon each of apple cider vinegar and honey. Mix this in cold water and drink it before going to bed. This may cure morning sickness experienced by pregnant women.
10. Some of the best natural supplements for nausea and vomiting are not foods, but beverages. Pure water and soda without coloring and caffeine work best and provide immediate relief.
1. BRAT diet helps cure nausea: bananas, rice, applesauce, and toast.
2. Avoid oily food
3. There are other alternative treatments and supplements for nausea that you may consider: aromatherapy, acupressure, naturopathy, hydrotherapy, and yoga.
© Newsmax. All rights reserved.