Natural supplements can help ease indigestion symptoms including loss of appetite, belching, flatulence, and nausea. Here’s a list of the best natural supplements for digestion:
This fruit contains an enzyme called papain that helps aid digestion, relieve heartburn, and eases inflammatory bowel disease. Out of the many enzyme supplements for digestion, this is the most efficient for treating digestive problems.
Whole grain cereals, wheat bread, and brown rice are common natural supplements that prevent constipation. Because they are rich in vitamin B complex, they keep the digestive system working smoothly.
- Emblica officinalis (Indian gooseberry) helps reduce acidity and improve immunity.
- Raw Garlic (Allium sativum) re-establishes the beneficial bacteria in the gut and may ease indigestion.
- Licorice (Glycirrhiza glabra) and Devil’s claw (Harpagophytum procumbens) produce a protective lining over the stomach and esophagus, protecting them from excess acid.
- Blessed thistle (Carbenia benedicta), one of the best supplements for digestion, has traditionally been taken for enhancing appetite and digestion. It is believed to stimulate stomach acid secretion and relieve gas.
- One of the oldest supplements is Dandelion (Taraxacum officinale) to treat upset stomach and heartburn. It is also useful in liver and spleen ailments.
- Peppermint (Mentha piperita), which grows throughout Europe and North America, is reported to be beneficial for dyspepsia (heartburn) symptoms.
- Turmeric (Curcuma longa), a common household spice, is beneficial for stomach problems like indigestion and fatty liver.
© Newsmax. All rights reserved.