Indigestion is fast becoming a health concern worldwide. Stressful life styles and improper diet are the main culprits for this malady. The feeling of fullness during or after a meal, heartburn, and bloating are some of the symptoms of indigestion.
Almost everyone experiences indigestion at some point in his or her lifetime. The quality of your health is related to the digestive power of the stomach. Any imbalance in the digestive juices leads to piling up of toxins in the body and causes indigestion.
Where do you find indigestion relief? In addition to seeking professional medical help for indigestion, it may be helpful to try natural indigestion remedies including indigestion home remedies and natural supplements for indigestion. Check out the kitchen for every day herbs and spices that can double up as indigestion relief.
Some common indigestion home remedies are Bishop's weed (Ammi majus )
and ginger. Triphala (Myrobalan) is a good supplement for indigestion as it contains fruit rinds from three plants.
The ten best remedies for indigestion are listed below:
1. Drinking the juice of coriander leaf with a pinch of salt is an effective natural indigestion home remedy.
2. Chewing a leaf of holy basil soothes the lining of the digestive tract and reduces acid production. It is good for indigestion relief.
3. Deglycyrrhizinated Licorice is another supplement for indigestion. It produces a protective lining over the stomach and food pipe. The lining prevents excess acid formation, which causes indigestion.
4. Drinking two to three teaspoons of aloe vera juice, half an hour before meals, is another effective supplement for indigestion.
5. Chewing fennel (Foeniculum vulgare) seeds relieves flatulence. This is one of the most common indigestion home remedies.
6.Glutamine is another natural indigestion supplement. It is an amino acid with anti-inflammatory properties. Glutamine cures burning sensations by replacing damaged stomach cells with healthy ones.
7. Probiotic nutritional supplements such as yogurt are great for indigestion relief. It re-establishes the natural population of beneficial bacteria in the gut.
8. Intake of 1/4 to1/2 teaspoon of baking soda mixed with water gives immediate indigestion relief by neutralizing excess acid. This remedy should be used cautiously in patients with high blood pressure.
9. The leaves and fruits of papaya (Carica papaya) are well known for their properties in treating indigestion. Papaya offers good results for pain in the abdomen.
10. Raw garlic (Allium sativum
) is another supplement for indigestion.
© Newsmax. All rights reserved.