Indigestion is fast becoming a health concern worldwide. Stressful lifestyles and improper diet are the main culprits for this malady. A feeling of fullness during or after a meal, heartburn, and bloating are some of the symptoms of natural indigestion.
Almost everyone experiences indigestion at some point in their life. The quality of your health is related to the digestive power of the stomach. Any imbalance in the digestive juices leads to the piling up of toxins in the body and causes indigestion.
Where can you find indigestion relief? In addition to seeking professional medical help for indigestion, it may be helpful to try natural indigestion remedies.
Check out the kitchen for every day herbs and spices that can double as indigestion relief. Some of the common indigestion home remedies are Bishop's weed (Ammi majus )
and ginger. Triphala (Myrobalan) is a good supplement for indigestion; it contains fruit rinds of three plants.
The ten best remedies for indigestion are listed below:
1. Drinking coriander leaf juice with a pinch of salt is an effective natural indigestion home remedy.
2. Chewing a leaf of holy basil soothes the lining of the digestive tract and reduces acid production, which is good for indigestion relief.
3. Deglycyrrhizinated Licorice is another supplement for indigestion. It produces a protective lining over the stomach and food pipe. The lining prevents excess acid formation, which causes indigestion.
4. Drinking 2 to 3 teaspoons of aloevera juice, half an hour before meals, is another effective supplement for indigestion.
5. Chewing fennel (Foeniculum vulgare) seeds relieves flatulence. It is one of the most common indigestion home remedies.
6. Glutamine is another natural indigestion supplement. It is an amino acid with anti-inflammatory properties. Glutamine cures a burning sensation by replacing damaged stomach cells with healthy ones.
7. Probiotic nutritional supplements such as yogurt are great for indigestion relief. It re-establishes the natural population of beneficial bacteria in the gut.
8. Intake of 1/4 to1/2 teaspoon of baking soda mixed in water gives immediate indigestion relief by neutralizing excess acid. This remedy should be used cautiously by patients with high blood pressure.
9. The leaves and fruits of papaya (Carica papaya) are well known for indigestion relief. Papaya offers good results for pain in the abdomen.
10. Raw garlic (Allium sativum
) is another supplement for indigestion.
© Newsmax. All rights reserved.