Most people don't anticipate death which is why they usually delay the process of writing a will.
While a will is executed after the death of the executor, a living will needs to be executed to save the executor from the clutches of death.
Every person has the right to live in dignity and make his or her decisions at all times. However, in unfortunate circumstances, an individual may be incapacitated and unable to make their own decisions. In such a situation, it may be impossible to decide the right course of treatment. For independent minded patients who want to decide their own healing process, writing a living will, which can be enforced in the event of their being incapacitated, makes sense.
A living will is a document that states the wishes of the executor on how she or he wishes to be treated for a disease or injury. Therefore, if an individual prefers a specific medical treatment then a living will should be executed. In other words, it is an advance directive to the medical practitioner.
- Living wills are often referred to as advanced health care directive in the US legal and policymaking context. You can register for them at http://www.uslivingwillregistry.com
- The importance of writing a living will depends on each individual’s health in the present and future. If, for some reason, there is a doubt or doctor’s recommendation that a person may be incapacitated at some point, then it is imperative to check out different sources for living wills.
- Its own laws govern each state in the US where living wills are concerned. A good resource to check online the agingwithdignity.org website, which offers comprehensive directives as used by the legal systems in 42 states of the US
- Decide who would be suitable for taking responsibility as the executor of your living will. Appointing a power of attorney is vitally important, especially for patients suffering from psychological distress, dementia or any progressive degenerative disease.
- There are plenty of choices with a number of printable living wills sources ready to render the service for a small fee
- You must repose your complete trust in the attorney taking care of your concerns
- Use pro bono services being offered to estimate what you may need in terms of healthcare as part of the aging process
- Pen a living will without third party assistance
- Of course, there are numerous online and offline sources for free living will formats as well. Examples include http://www.doyourownwill.com/lwindex.asp
- Escalating healthcare costs are making the decision to write a living will more imperative. Choosing well and writing a balanced living will is vital for the well being of your own person, your loved ones and your estate.
The necessity for printable living wills source has risen in the recent times as more and more patients are deciding on their treatment option. This reinforces the individuality and love for being independent at all times.
© Newsmax. All rights reserved.