There are many college scholarships for Tennessee residents including:
1. Hope Tennessee Scholarships:
Hope scholars are able to receive one of the scholarships for Tennessee residents. For Hope Tennessee Scholarships, a student has to be enrolled at one of the public colleges, universities, or private colleges in Tennessee. The award amount is $4,000 for 4-year institutions and those
2-year schools that provide on-campus housing and $2,000 for 2-year institutions. Freshmen seeking this scholarship must have achieved a minimum of a 21 ACT (980 SAT), excluding the essay and optional subject tests OR should have a minimum of a 3.0 overall weighted GPA (grade point average).
2. Tennessee Promise Scholarships: Tennessee Promise Scholarships are newly introduced Tennessee State Scholarships. They are given for a period of four years, offering nearly $5,800 dollars annually. Tennessee Promise Scholarships are meant for students who have accepted admission for an undergraduate program at one of the state universities. These students should have filled out an application form for free federal aid. To keep receiving Tennessee Promise scholarship for their remaining tenure, the students need to maintain a minimum cumulative GPA of a 2.0.
3. Christa McAuliffe Scholarship Program: This is one the best scholarships offered to Tennessee residents. The applicants must be enrolled in one of the accredited teacher education programs.
4. The Ned McWherter Scholars Program: This Tennessee scholarship is given to academically bright Tennessee high school graduates. The minimum academic requirements for these Tennessee state scholarships are a 2.9 GPA and 29 ACT or SAT score.
5. The Nashville Athena Scholarship: These scholarships for Tennessee residents are given by the Tennessee State Scholarships Committee. These are among the best Tennessee scholarships and are offered to women candidates from the middle Tennessee regions. Two women are chosen every year and are awarded a sum of $5,000 as a grant from this Tennessee state scholarship.
These scholarships for Tennessee residents provide financial aid to pursue and complete higher studies.
© Newsmax. All rights reserved.