Wisconsin is a great place to attend college. However, attending college in Wisconsin can be expensive. In order to help students facing financial constraints, various Wisconsin scholarships are offered. These Wisconsin resident scholarships are for students living in Wisconsin and intending to continue their higher education at a local public or private college or university.
Scholarships for residents of the state of Wisconsin are offered for almost all courses of study. With the help of financial aid provided by these scholarships, bright and deserving students can complete their education at a prestigious college or university.
Various grants and scholarships are available for residents of the state of Wisconsin and people who want to study there. While some Wisconsin scholarships are general scholarships offered to students of any discipline, others are for students pursuing degrees in specific fields like math, science, or accounting. Wisconsin grants and scholarships are available for undergraduates, graduates, and even those who plan to get their PhD.
Here are the five best scholarships for residents of Wisconsin:
1. Academic Excellence Scholarships: These scholarships for residents of Wisconsin are offered to graduating high school students who intend to pursue their higher education at the University of Wisconsin, Wisconsin Technical College, or any other state-bound independent college of university. Students seeking these scholarships must have the highest GPA in their school. The scholarship is $,2250 per year.
2. Wisconsin Higher Education Grant: Grants of between $250 and $3,000 are offered to local undergraduates. This is strictly a Wisconsin resident scholarship. To apply for this Wisconsin college scholarship, students are required to submit the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FASFA). Residents of the state of Wisconsin can utilize this scholarship if they are enrolled at a local college at least part-time or a tribal school in the state for a minimum of 10 semesters.
3. Archie C. Towle Aviation Scholarship: This Wisconsin college scholarship is awarded to one student who lives within 50 miles of the Wausau area to attend flight school. To qualify for this scholarship, the student must display an ability and interest in aviation and must also successfully pass the Federal Aviation Administration's medical exam.
4. The Talent Incentive Program Grant: One of the most sought-after Wisconsin Scholarships, this college scholarship can be used at any college or university across the state. Students with extreme financial need can benefit from these scholarships if nominated by the financial aid office of their schools. The initial grant varys between $600 and $1,800.
5. Paul D. Ziemer Scholarship: Another discipline-specific Wisconsin scholarships, this scholarship was named in honor of a former Wisconsin Public Service CEO. The scholarship is awarded to a student majoring in business or engineering at the University of Wisconsin. All students who have completed an application for the college scholarship and are planning to attend the University of Wisconsin are automatically in the running for this Wisconsin resident scholarship.
© Newsmax. All rights reserved.