Rosacea, a chronic skin condition with redness and outbreaks also called adult acne, affects fair skinned people ages 30 to 60 and can be quite embarrassing if left untreated. The symptoms of rosacea usually flare up because of exercise, exposure to sun and dust, stress, increased intake of oily and spicy foods, and temperature swings. Some natural supplements may help control the condition:
1. Chrysanthemum extracts – Creams and lotions containing soothing chrysanthemum flower extract have been shown to significantly reduce the appearance of blood vessels and improve redness.
2. Green tea based creams – Moisturizing creams containing a blend of green tea extracts and aloe vera work by reducing skin inflammation and can be used as rosacea treatments under guidance.
3. Licorice – The topical application of this herb has shown improvement in people with mild and moderate symptoms. The anti-inflammatory properties of a chemical present in licorice helps reduce skin itchiness.
4. Niacinamide or Vitamin B3 based moisturizer – The research conducted on these products has shown their ability to improve the skin barrier and alleviate skin inflammation.
5. Azelaic acid cream – Typically advised as a topical application cream, azelaic acid is found naturally in grains like wheat, rye, and barley. The anti-inflammatory attributes coupled with anti-microbial activity of azelaic acid helps keep the skin clear and improve redness, itchiness, and dryness.
6. Other herbs such as chamomile, aloe, red clover, and rose hip oil form an integral part of skin care creams and help with the treatment of rosacea.
© Newsmax. All rights reserved.