If you’ve been thinking about a romantic summer getaway, consider one of the following:
- Sonoma Valley: Located among the golden hills, the Sonoma Valley is a great romantic getaway for summer. The 17-mile-long drive down the Valley makes it one of the most popular romantic escapades.
- Malibu: As you plan your romantic summer getaway, you should consider heading to Malibu. Spend some romantic moments walking on the beach.
- Bahamas: These 700 islands are sprinkled like seashells across shallow water, and form one of the most picturesque destinations in the world.
- Amelia Island: Amelia Island, named after the daughter of England’s King George II, is one of Florida’s most romantic summer getaways. It has the Atlantic on its east and marshes on its west. Its lovely Victorian inns make it a perfect holiday for a twosome.
- Connecticut: The area also known as Litchfield is a replica of beautiful English counties and is one of the most romantic getaways for summer. The area has many picturesque villages, country inns, and classic spired churches. It’s a perfect scene for a romantic weekend getaway during summer.
- Carlsbad: Carlsbad offers a quiet escape. Colorful fields of flowers overlook the Pacific, along with trendy antique stores.
- Little St. Simons Island: Situated off of the coast of Georgia, this is the most secluded of the string of islands known as the Golden Isles and is a perfect romantic getaway.
- Bald Head Island: Just two nautical miles off the southeastern tip of North Carolina, paradise is nearer than you ever imagined. This semi-tropical island with miles of pristine beaches and a wealth of exceptional animal and plant life is the perfect romantic getaway.
- Whidbey Island: This is the longest island in the state of Washington and a popular romantic weekend getaway for couples. The verdant rolling pastureland, and glistening sandy beaches lend a special charm to the place and make it memorable long after the weekend is over.
- Deep Creek Lake: As you drive west from Maryland, there is a place that offers one of the best romantic getaways for summer — the Deep Creek Lake. A full 12 miles long, the lake is sure to take your breath away.
© Newsmax. All rights reserved.