Here are the top 10 best romantic weekend getaways for fall:
- Manchester Village, VT: For a romantic getaway deal, spend a picture-perfect weekend in Manchester Village. Once exclusively home to the elite, Manchester Village is filled with manicured lawns and gourmet dining establishments. At Manchester, you can go fishing, golfing at Sugarbrush Golf course, hiking up Mt. Equinox, skiing, or shopping. The Southern Vermont Arts Center is also worth a visit.
- Las Vegas, Nev.: This El Dorado of a city often called Sin City is the entertainment hub of the world. Situated in the Nevada desert region, Las Vegas has the world’s best casinos and hotels. Spend a romantic fall weekend in Vegas at one of the plush casino hotels including chocolate-covered strawberries in your room and a couple's massage. You could also try your hand at roulette.
- Napa and Sonoma Valley, Calif.: These are California’s famous wine growing regions. For a memorable romantic getaway try California, especially the vineyards and wine-tasting tours. Better still, register for a home stay package that offers visits to Napa and Sonoma Valley’s premier wineries. Treat your beloved to a seven-course tasting dinner including wine pairings.
- Copper County, Colo.: Fall is the best time of the year for a vacation to the Colorado high country. Enjoy the stillness and quiet of autumn in the Copper County forested area where you can go trekking on local trails and photograph the changing seasons. For a good home-away-from-home stay, try the Copper Colorado Condos.
- Sedona, Ariz.: For spectacular scenery that will inspire you with a sense of adventure, head to Sedona. Often called Red Rock Country, Sedona is frequented by lovers of history, arts, outdoor sports, and metaphysics. This panoramic city is surrounded by Red Rock monoliths called Coffeepot Cathedral and Thunder Mountains. Visit the wild chasm of Oak Creek Canyon at the north end of the city.
- Lake Placid, N.Y.: Lake Placid on Whiteface Mountain forms part of the Adirondack mountain range in the northeastern part of New York. Take your pick from the numerous cabins, hunting lodges, villas, and hotels in the area. Enjoy candlelight dinners, Adirondack breakfasts, long drives, and romantic starry nights amidst the wild scenery surrounding Lake Placid. Visit the nearby Mohawk Valley that is sandwiched between the Adirondack Mountains and Catskill Mountains.
- Catalina Island, Calif.: Reach this jewel of an island via a catamaran ride from Newport Beach. Exploring the golden sands of Catalina, or its cobblestone town of Avalon, eating fish and chips on the pier, or relishing gourmet cuisine in a fine dining restaurant, taking off for a spin in the waters, or just relaxing in its turn-of-the-century hotels promises a romantic weekend getaway for fall.
- Martha's Vineyard, Mass.: Martha’s Vineyard is an island off the south of Cape Cod in Massachusetts. A summer colony, this island is accessible only by boat and by air. Tourists can expect accommodations in quiet inns and bed and breakfasts.
- Atlantic City, N.J.: The scenic countryside provides a perfect setting for picnics, long drives, and watching the mist rise near the shore. The accommodations include a wonderful assortment of hotels, inns, cottages, and homes.
- Redondo Beach, Calif.: Tourists are greeted by an affable, laidback beach community with heritage bungalows, generations-old family businesses, and discolored fishing boats. With its breezy weather, Redondo is an ideal romantic getaway for fall.
© Newsmax. All rights reserved.