Regardless of age and gender, anyone can develop high blood pressure. If you have high blood pressure, changing your lifestyle and taking regular medication is essential to reduce your blood pressure to a healthy range.
The following options are available for high blood pressure prevention:
1. High blood pressure prevention is possible by following a healthy lifestyle, maintaining one’s weight, being active, following a high blood pressure diet plan, reducing sodium intake, limiting alcohol intake, avoiding smoking, regular walking, exercising, reducing stress, etc.
2. The best way for reducing high blood pressure is following a high blood pressure diet; one should have a planned diet which includes fruits, vegetables, low fat dietary foods, low/total absence of saturated fat, low cholesterol, low sodium, and high in potassium.
3. Dark chocolate is also considered good for patients with high blood pressure/hypertension as it may help in lowering high blood pressure according to some nutritionists.
4. Walking at a brisk pace, doing yoga, and meditating are additional ways of preventing high blood pressure.
5. Reducing high blood pressure requires daily monitoring morning and evening. A high blood pressure prevention chart must be maintained and shared with one’s physician.
For more on high blood pressure, see below:
Blood Pressure Predicts Stroke Risk
Cataracts: Top 5 Drugs That Work
© 2015 Newsmax. All rights reserved.