There are many women who have to deal with sudden hormonal changes to their body directly after they have a baby or even three to fourth months later. These hormonal changes can develop into what is called Post-Partum Depression. This disorder can also be caused by past history of bouts with depression, lack of support from their significant other and family members, as well as stress. Post-Partum Depression is a disorder that should not be looked upon lightly because it can be very damaging to a woman as well as to her newborn baby.
You will find there are five main symptoms that are associated with Post-Partum Depression that can last for two weeks or longer after the birth of a baby.
These five symptoms are:
1. Feeling depressed and lonely. Feeling empty inside with automatic crying spells that seem to come and go.
2. Post-Partum Depression may take away the joy from daily activities.
3. Weight and appetite changes. A woman can be at either side of the spectrum when it comes to eating. She may eat absolutely nothing and lose weight, or she may want to eat everything in sight and end up gaining a lot of weight.
4. An overwhelming amount of fatigue.
5. Having trouble sleeping is another symptom of Post-Partum Depression.
The treatment of Post-Partum Depression is vital to the health and welfare of not only the new mom, but also of the new baby. Statistics show that there are many cases where the newborn baby is ignored by the mother because of PPD. This disorder can be treated by a doctor so that the mother can enjoy all the precious time that she has with her new born baby.
© Newsmax. All rights reserved.