The word ‘cat’ conjures up images of soft, furry, playful creatures snoozing on the sofa or couch at odd times, watching the world go by from the window or rubbing themselves against your ankles lovingly to get your attention.
Cats are good companions especially for stay-at-home moms. Below are the five best:
1. Cymric: These cats are known for their intelligence and vigor and are a favorite among pet lovers because of their adaptability. Their only drawback is a lack of good health during the first six months of their life, so it is best to buy a Cymric when it is a bit older.
2. Turkish Van: Vigorous and deft, this breed is a very social type with its superb adaptability. They love water and are excellent for those with allergies since their fine fur is hypo-allergenic.
3. British Shorthair: This breed is known for its loyalty and easy adaption to apartment living because of their indoor habits. They have dense coats and can be reared with very little grooming.
4. Rag doll: They are a docile breed with blue eyes and a soft and silky coat. They adjust easily to other pets in the house as well.
5. American Shorthair: Known for their robust health this breed is an ideal companion for the average household and is really adorable.
© Newsmax. All rights reserved.