Are you planning a party and not too sure about the party décor? Party decorations don't have to be a worrisome and expensive affair. Although birthday parties are getting more elaborate and original by the day, there are some basic components that you should keep in mind when considering your party decorations. These ideas might even make the process easier for you. With these simple basics in place, you can have party decorations that will be unforgettable.
The following are must haves for your party décor:
1) Streamers of cloth, net, beads, or paper: Even the dullest appearing room can be brightened up with streamers. Paper streamers are cheaper than others and can be made by cutting long strips of crepe or tissue paper. If you frequently throw parties, it is a good idea to store a few lengths of gold, silver, and bronze net and a few meters of satin material in red, blue, white, pink, yellow, and purple. These can be draped in various ways. Streamers can be hung from the ceiling, draped over tables and chairs, fashioned into huge bows, and scalloped over your regular curtains. Strings of beads as well as ribbon in silver and gold can also be reused at other parties to jazz up the decorations.
2) Balloons: Whether at children’s parties or at adult events, balloons are an important part of party decorations. Balloons can be used in a single color, in combinations of two or three different colors, or as a rainbow. They can be combined with streamers or tied close together, forming arches. Let your imagination run wild when it comes to balloons, as you can stick them on the floor, walls, and ceiling creating amazing effects. They are a hit with children as well. It is a good idea to always keep extra balloons as back-up in your party decoration box.
3) Table linen: Parties, whether formal or casual, will have tables where the food and beverages are placed. For children’s parties, you can use specific themed table covers in plastic, paper, or cloth. These are usually available at party supply stores. For adult parties, keep a few special tablecloths handy. Lace and satin ensure a classic charm, whereas floral prints are useful for summer and outdoor parties. Red, green, and white in checks or a single color can be used for many Christmases to come.
4) Flowers, plants, and plant accessories: Both artificial and real flowers and plants well placed around the room and used thoughtfully on the food table can make a big difference to the party décor. It is useful to grow a few ornamental plants and ferns that can be used in various combinations for your party. Vases, bowls, and urns in which you arrange the flowers, can be bought on sale in different sizes and mixed and matched.
5) Party Favors and favor bags: Favor bags in silver, gold, and bronze can be bought in bulk, and the leftovers can be used for another party, if you have a special theme or color combination. These can be ordered from a party supply store. Adults and children all love to receive party favors, and these can be bought according to the theme of your party.
These five party decoration items will definitely win praise from guests, and if you get this right, you can be assured that your party will be remembered for its great décor.
© Newsmax. All rights reserved.