Oily skin is a common problem in teenagers, but it can occur at any age. Thanfully, there are many home remedies available that treat oily skin.
Here are a few tips that will help you take care of oily skin and make your face look less shiny:
- It is important to choose your face care products with care. If your products leave your skin with a dehydrated and taut feeling, stop using them. This feeling is the result of the product craking and breaking the top layer of your skin.
- Regularly wash your face with hot water and soap. Make sure that when washing your face, you use a soap that is free of artificial additives. Once you wash your face with a cleanser, use a face cream or moisturizer that is oil-free to help your skin remain supple. Choose a face cream that is alcohol free.
- A popular home remedy is the application of a face mask, which can be extremely beneficial for oily skin. Face masks can be made of clay or mud.
- Another popular home remedy for oily skin is to use hot water when washing your face. Use your fingertips to massage your face in an outward and upward motion. This method is extremely beneficial for oily skin.
- Applying a face cream before going to bed and a clarifying face mask at least once a week is a must if you have oily skin.
- The healing properties of aloe vera are excellent for oily skin. Apply some aloe vera gel on your face and see if you notice the difference. Other herbs such as thyme and lavender nourish your skin and care for oily skin.
- Pat your face with a mixture of lemon juice and water mixed in equal parts and the juice of cucumber to excessively oily parts of your face. This makes for an excellent treatment that will pamper oily skin.
- Following the right diet plan can also help you take care of oily skin. You should consume a protein rich diet and reduce your intake of sugar, salt, and fluids.
- Rubbing your skin with apple cider vinegar is another popular home remedy that helps treat oily skin.
- Exercise as much as possible if you have oily skin. This, along with the various home remedies and treatments, can be extremely beneficial for oily skin.
© Newsmax. All rights reserved.