Various herbal remedies are recommended to relieve endometriosis, a gynecological condition occurring during the reproductive years that may lead to infertility.
Among the popular natural supplements, minerals, and vitamins for endometriosis:
- Dandelion tea can help reduce edema and swelling by acting on the congestion in the pelvis.
- Primrose oil, high in fatty acids, increases the production of prostaglandin E1.
- Vitex agnus castus reduces prolactin and relieves cramping of muscles.
- Cimicifugae racemosae rhizome can help reduce pain.
- Women can use many vitamins as endometriosis supplements like biotin, choline, cobalamin, folic acid, inositol, niacin, panthothenic acid, pyridoxine, and riboflavin.
- Every B vitamin, which helps break down carbohydrates, protein, and fat accumulated in the body, can help. A deficiency of this vitamin can cause anemia.
- Vitamin C preserves collagen in the body and improves the immune system.
- Vitamin E can also help lessen inflammation.
- Calcium can be taken two weeks before the menstrual cycle starts. Women suffer with pain in the pelvic region and recurring headaches as the levels of calcium go down. To supplement the body with this mineral will ensure less pain. However, Vitamin D is required to absorb calcium so it must be included in the diet while taking calcium supplements.
- Women also lose a lot of iron during their periods, particularly those with endometriosis. This leads to fatigue and haziness. An iron supplement may be beneficial.
- Potassium, Magnesium, and Zinc reduce irritability and help women cope better with emotional mood swings during their menstrual periods.
© Newsmax. All rights reserved.