Painkillers are not the only way to treat migraine headaches. A good amount of sleep, cutting out caffeine, natural, and nutritional supplements can help cure migraines.The following are some natural cures for migraines:
- Migraine relief can be obtained from the juice of ripe grapes. Drink fresh, ripe grapes without adding water.
- Niacin has proven to be helpful in relieving migraine pain. Valuable sources of the vitamin are green leafy vegetables, tomatoes, nuts, yeast, whole wheat, sunflower seeds, liver, and fish. Natural supplements, or vitamin complex tablets, containing 100 mg of niacin, are generally recommended for migraine treatment.
- Another nutritional supplement for migraine treatment is a cabbage leaf compress. It can help relieve the pain of migraine headaches.
- Lemon is a great nutritional supplement for migraine treatment. Lemon rinds have the potential to cure migraines. Grind the lemon rinds and apply as a paste on the forehead for migraine relief.
- Carrot juice combined with cucumber juice, spinach, and beet is an extremely effective natural supplement for migraine treatment.
- Detoxifying or cleansing the body from toxins is an effective treatment for migraine headaches. Experts recommend fasting for two or three days while drinking orange juice and water. Fasting on juices of carrot, celery, or cucumber can also be effective. This kind of detoxification is known to help cure migraine pain.
- One can also prevent migraine attacks by avoiding sugar, rich cakes, pastries, white flour products, refined cereals, condiments and sauces, greasy food, tinned or preserved food, and pickles.
- A well-balanced diet comprised of seeds, nuts, grains, vegetables, and fruits goes a long way in the treatment of migraines. The diet should also include buttermilk, milk, yogurt, vegetable oils, and honey.
- A hot foot bath, fomentation over the stomach and spine, cold compress applied to the head, and towels wrung out of very hot water should be frequently applied to the neck to help relieve migraine headaches.
- Regular exercise may help relieve migraine tension. A brisk walk in fresh air helps keep migraines at bay.
- Aromatherapy is another alternative. Certain aromas such as eucalyptus, peppermint, sandalwood, and lavender are "headache killers."
- Primrose oil is an anti-inflammatory agent that prevents the constriction of blood vessels, thereby acting as a potent natural agent for migraine treatment.
- Garlic is another powerful detoxifier that helps migraines by releasing toxins from the body. It is a very beneficial home remedy for migraines.
© Newsmax. All rights reserved.