Painkillers are not the only way to treat migraine headaches. A good amount of sleep, cutting out caffeine, and natural, and nutritional supplements can help migraine pain.
- Migraine relief can be obtained from the juice of ripe grapes.
- Niacin has proved to be helpful in relieving migraine pain. Valuable sources of the vitamin are green leafy vegetables, tomatoes, nuts, yeast, whole wheat, sunflower seeds, liver, and fish. Natural supplements or vitamin complex tablets, containing 100 mg of niacin, is generally recommended for migraine treatment.
- Another nutritional supplement for migraine treatment is a cabbage leaf compress. It can help relieve the pain of migraine headaches.
- Lemon is a great nutritional supplement for migraine treatment. Lemon crusts have the potential to cure migraine. Grind lemon crust and apply as a paste on the forehead. Migraine cures using this remedy have been found to be effective and long-lasting.
- Carrot juice combined with cucumber, spinach, and beet juice is an extremely good natural supplement for migraine treatment.
- Detoxifying or cleansing the body from toxins is an effective treatment for migraine headaches. Experts recommend fasting for two or three days with intake of orange juice and water. Alternatively, fasting on juices of carrot, celery, or cucumber can also be done. This kind of detoxification is known to help cure migraine pain.
- One can also prevent migraine attacks by avoiding sugar, confectionery, rich cakes, pastries, white flour products, refined cereals, condiments and sauces, greasy food, tinned, or preserved food and pickles.
- A well-balanced diet comprising seeds, nuts, grains, vegetables, and fruits goes a long way in the prevention of migraines. The diet should also include buttermilk, milk, yogurt, vegetable oils, and honey.
- Regular exercise helps relieve migraine tension. A brisk walk in fresh air helps keep migraines at bay.
- Aromatherapy is another alternative. Certain aromas such as eucalyptus, peppermint, sandalwood, and lavender are headache killers.
- Primrose oil is an anti-inflammatory agent that prevents constriction of blood vessels, thereby acting as a potent natural agent for migraine treatment.
- Garlic is another powerful detoxifier that helps in releasing toxins from the body. It is a very beneficial migraine home remedy.
© Newsmax. All rights reserved.