One of the best ways to pay for a college education is through scholarships and grants. A number of university scholarships are now available to help minorities and other communities pay for their university education. The advantage of having a university scholarship, unlike taking a loan, is that they don’t need to be paid back. These loans give special consideration to minority students who would like to go to a university and get a college education. Here are a number of top minority scholarships that are available to minority students in the U.S.
- The Pell Grant Program: Through the Federal Government, this grant provides minority scholarships to students who encounter financial difficulties. The Pell Grant Program provides a number of scholarship grants for minorities. This is one of the best minority scholarships for groups like Latin Americans, Mexicans, Asians, and people with Hispanic or Arab heritage. The minority scholarship is also available to those who are victims of severe discrimination or disabled.
- Consortium for Graduate Study in Management: This university scholarship for minorities is one of the best scholarships offered to students with African American, Hispanic, and Native American ethnicity who would like to study business management in the United States. This grant also takes into account the student's financial situation and academic record. To be awarded, the students applying for graduate study in management must have exceptional academic qualifications and must be able to prove their financial condition.
- Jackie Robinson Foundation: The Jackie Robinson Foundation is a college grant program that offers scholarships to minorities of different ethnicities to gain university education based on their financial need. The foundation offers funds to aid and uplift youth of ethnic minority groups in the country.
- The William Randolph Hearst Endowed Scholarship:This scholarship is given to minority students by the Aspen Institute and is one of the best minority scholarships in the country. This university grant is awarded to students who meet the high academic standards of the institute and is available to minority students enrolled in graduate or undergraduate study. It includes a research grant of 25 to 30 thousand dollars annually. The Aspen Institute usually focuses its university grants on students who are interested in improving their knowledge about the nonprofit and philanthropy sector.
- United Negro College Fund: This college fund is one of the oldest established educational assistance organizations for minorities, especially of African American ethnicity. This grant focuses on assisting students with financial needs to attend a university.
Although, these are the top five university grants for minority students studying in the U.S, there are also a number of other scholarships and research options to choose from.
© Newsmax. All rights reserved.