Milk thistle has many benefits including:
• It acts as a liver detox and also has anti-cancer properties.
• Milk thistle seeds help in curing and preventing cancer of the lung, colon, skin, breast, prostate, and kidneys.
• Milk thistle’s antioxidant property is better than that of many vitamins. Therefore, milk thistle can efficiently remove toxins and free radicals.
Ways to add Milk Thistle in Your Diet
• Tea: Use milk thistle available as packaged tea or put its crushed leaves and seeds in a muslin bag. Steep the bag in hot water for 5 minutes. Add honey (if you like).
• Diluted Milk Thistle Tincture: Add a few drops to a glass of water.
• Powdered Seeds: Sprinkle this powder on your burgers, smoothies, and salads.
• Milk Thistle as Salad Ingredient: Add milk thistle stalks, leaves, flowers, and roots to your diet as ingredients in salads and cooked preparations.
• As Smoothie ingredient: Soak ground milk thistle seeds in water overnight. Add chopped lycium berries and some lemon juice.
• Fruit Juice: Add crushed milk thistle seeds to fruit juice.
Milk Thistle Supplements: You may have these in the form of capsules, tablets, tinctures, and gels.
Milk thistle dosage
: Ideal dosage is 100-250 mg/day. Excessive consumption may cause adverse effects, including itching, nausea, stomach ache, headache, and skin rashes.
For more on milk thistle, see below:
Milk Thistle Benefits
Top 5 Signs of Milk Thistle Deficiency
What Are the Benefits of Milk Thistle?
Top 5 Health Benefits of Milk Thistle
What Conditions Milk Thistle Helps
© 2014 Newsmax. All rights reserved.