Lung cancer is a disease that causes tumor formation due to uncontrolled growth of cells in lung tissues. This leads to complications with blood circulation and respiration and, if untreated, it may become fatal. There are a number of lung cancer signs and symptoms.
The top five signs and symptoms or lung cancer are:
1. Upper back or shoulder pain: This sign of lung cancer is one of the foremost symptoms that help in lung cancer diagnosis. Often unnoticed, the pain in the upper back region is usually caused by the tumor pressing on the lining of the lung.
2. Swelling of the face and neck regions: This is another lung cancer symptom that is useful in indicating lung cancer prognosis.
3. Frequent infections or pneumonia: Lung cancer diagnosis and treatment is essential if a person is plagued by frequent lung infections.
4. Gynecomastia or male breast development: This is another sign of lung cancer that can help predict prognosis.
5. Hoarse voice: A common symptom of lung cancer, hoarseness of voice may be due to lung cancer tumors blocking the air and voice passageways.
For more information on lung cancer, see below:
© 2013 Newsmax. All rights reserved.