There are various areas of law in which to obtain a degree and many great colleges and universities that can provide the best education in this field. A few areas of law include legal assisting (paralegal), legal secretary (usually a certification) and specialty law like admin, criminal, tort, elder, family, tax, and other legal specialties. If you want to become a lawyer, you will have to attend college.
The LSAT (Law School Admission Test) is a required test before taking law classes in a graduate setting.
Here are the top five colleges for law degrees:
1. Yale, with the lowest faculty-to-student ratio of any other law school in the nation, has educated some of the most prestigious government officials from Supreme Court Justices to U.S. Presidents. LSAT scores have to be in the 170 range or higher for consideration.
2. Stanford is located in California, making it a desired location. It also boasts the most challenging law curriculum program in the nation. Students must have a GPA of 3.8 or higher just to be considered at Stanford.
3. Columbia Law School, in New York City, comes in third. Just like Yale and Stanford, they also have a very strict admissions process. They are most recognized for their courses in international and tax law.
4. Harvard Law School is probably the most well-known of all law schools. Students that have the opportunity to attend Harvard are likely to get a position with almost any law firm in in the country after they obtain their degree. Only eleven percent of students that apply are accepted.
5. Georgetown University is another top law school that offers more opportunities than other institutions. It has the most advanced and diverse clinical and course selection opportunities of any other college in the country.
The fact is that your grades and LSAT scores have to be very good to get into a good law school. You cannot enter any law school without an undergraduate degree. If you are in college now and plan to go to law, pay attention to your studies and work hard to make top grades so you can have a chance.
© 2014 Newsmax. All rights reserved.