It does not take a lot to make a cat happy, but it could make all the difference in your relationship with your furry friend. Here are five ways to keep your cat happy:
1. Play – Your cat may be a recluse or complacent and may just love to lie on your lap or jump around. Whatever your cat's personality, it will always love playing with you and being entertained by you. Cat games like playing with a ball, ring, or just a string, will keep your cat engaged with you in a playful manner. Be a little careful of your cat scratching you in its' enthusiasm.
2. Touch – Pet and cuddle your cat as much as you can. Every cat, even the most macho male ones, like to be pet and stroked. Be gentle and reassuring with your strokes. They will purr and knead their paws if they really love what you are doing. Also, make it a point to touch them even when you are just in transit, on your way to the kitchen from the dining hall, or bedroom. Touch, a small thing, affirms your love and care for your cat.
3. Talk – Communication may be a human thing, but cats respond to it favorably as well. They recognize the gesture even though they do not understand your words. Even deaf cats respond to you talking, as they see your lips moving, and appreciate your eye contact. Cats are as good as humans when it comes to communication. Cats accept and acknowledge the love and affection that communication brings.
4. Surprise – It is a great idea to get your cat a surprise every once in a while. You could get them catnip, a toy, or a catnip-filled pillow or a new accessory that you know they will love playing with. These cat accessories are readily available at any pet store. Even if your cat plays with these for hours all alone, the gift itself will make them incredibly happy. If you have more than one cat, then make it a point to get one for each, or else they are bound to fight over the toy.
5. Massage – Every cat loves a good massage. A good, tender massage will make your cat feel pampered and loved. The warmth of your touch will communicate your love. The massage will also make the cat feel refreshed.
© Newsmax. All rights reserved.