There may be many things that a husband would not tell his wife. While some can be trivial and should be ignored, others may come in the way of your relationship. The reason for his secrecy could be insecurity combined with the fear of losing you or your trust. If this is the case, it makes sense to know the things that a husband may keep from his wife, so that you can find ways to deal with it.
- Debt: Your husband might hide a debt from you. It could be because he feels he is the head of the family and is responsible to you financially. Admitting to you that he is in debt makes him feel insecure. He fears that it might cause you to lose respect for him. It may also be coming from a sense of chauvinism or from the fact that he does not want to trouble you with issues that he thinks are “only his problems."
- Addiction: Your spouse might hide his alcohol habit or addiction from you. Addiction can be a deadly game. If your husband is addicted to alcohol, smoking, or drugs, he will hide it from you, fearing disapproval and rejection. Not only that, you might compel him to seek treatment for the addiction, which he obviously is not ready to do. He may be hiding alcohol around the house, and he may be scared you will find out because it may mean you will lose faith in him.
- Affair: Men may never admit to an affair, unless you catch them red-handed. It might be a casual affair, just a one-night stand, or something far more serious. He might be hiding his cellphone and might be cheating on you. He knows his affair will be unacceptable to you and will mean he will have to choose between you and the other woman. He obviously does not want to do so. Men also hide past affairs from their wives for various reasons. This may not mean that they still have feelings for the other woman.
- Need for intimacy: Even men have a need for non-sexual physical intimacy. They too have a need for cuddling, but are often shy about letting you know that. It gives them a lot of pleasure to just hold you, but they may secretly fear you might think its not manly of them if they are expressive and emotional.
- Guy time: Men always crave guy time. The time they spend with their male friends without thir family is precious to them. However, your husband will never come out and express that he needs guy time. He may fear misunderstanding and that you might misread his feeling as being “trapped” in the marriage, which is generally untrue. Like you need your girl's night out, he needs his guy time. It is only natural.
© Newsmax. All rights reserved.