There may be many things that a husband won't tell his wife. While some can be trivial and can be ignored, some may come in the way of your relationship. The reason for his secrecy could be insecurity combined with the fear of losing you or your trust. Here are five things that your husband won't tell you:
- Debt: Your husband might hide a debt from you. It could be because he feels he is the head of the family and is responsible to you financially. Admitting to you that he is in debt makes him feel insecure. He fears that it might lead you to lose respect for him. It may also be coming from a sense of false chauvinism or just from the fact that he does not want to trouble you with issues that he thinks are “only” his problems.
- Alcohol: Your spouse might hide his alcohol habit or addiction from you. Addiction can be a deadly game. If your husband is addicted to alcohol, smoking, or drugs, he will hide it from you, fearing disapproval and rejection. Not only that, you might compel him to let go of the addiction, which he obviously is not ready to do. He may be hiding alcohol around the house, and he may be scared to have you know because it will mean you losing faith in him.
- Affair: Men will never admit to an affair, unless you catch them red-handed. It might be a casual affair, just a one-night stand, or something far more serious. He might be hiding his cellphone and might be cheating on you. He knows his affair will be unacceptable to you and will mean he will have to choose between you and the other woman. He obviously does not want to do this.
- Need for intimacy: Even men have a need for non-sexual physical intimacy. They too have a need for cuddling and pecking, but are often shy about letting you know that.
- Guy time: Men always crave guy time. The time out they spend with their male friends without the family is precious to them. However, your husband will never come out and express that he needs guy time. He may fear misunderstanding and that you might misread his feeling as being “caught” in the marriage, which is obviously untrue. Like you need your girls night outs, he need his guy time. It is only natural.
© Newsmax. All rights reserved.