Hepatitis C is a viral liver disease that may include pain in the liver or abdominal area, and jaundice like symptoms where both the white of the eyes and the skin turn yellow. Hepatitis may cause the urine to appear dark in color while stools appear pale. The disease is also marked by fatigue, confusion, and irritability.
Other symptoms during the onset of the infection include a loss of appetite, diarrhea, nausea, and vomiting. Some chronic Hepatitis C cases have symptoms of sleep disturbance, itchy skin, vomiting blood, hallucination, edema or fluid retention, and swelling of the abdomen, legs, and face.
The top ten treatment centers for Hepatitis C are:
1. Gastroenterology Associates of East Bay Medical Group, Berkeley, California
2. Atlanta Gastroenterology Associates, Atlanta, Georgia
3. Idaho Gastroenterology Associates, Meridian, Idaho
4. Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, Maryland
5. Carolinas Center for Liver Diseases, Charlotte, North Carolina
6. Baylor University Medical Center, Dallas, Texas
7. Wisconsin Center for Advanced Research, Milwaukee, Wisconsin
8. University of Massachusetts Memorial Medical Center, Worcester, Massachusetts
9. Washington Hospital Center, Washington, District of Columbia
10. University of Miami Center for Liver Diseases, Miami, Florida
© Newsmax. All rights reserved.