Hepatitis B is a viral disorder, and according to the Center for Disease Control, approximately 46,000 new cases of Hepatitis B occurred in the United States in 2006. Individuals who have sex with an HIV or Hepatitis B positive partner must undergo Hepatitis B testing.
The Hepatitis B vaccine is considered to be a major breakthrough in the prevention of this disease. Designed to prevent the infection in high-risk groups, a course of three vaccines is advisable for developing effective immunity. The vaccine is given intramuscularly and provides immunity for approximately five to seven years.
A lot of natural supplements aid in the treatment of Hepatitis B including:
- Dandelion (Taraxacum officinale): Native Americans have been using this supplement for long periods of time to treat liver disorders including Hepatitis B. Dandelion can work as a liver tonic and a rich source of Vitamin A.
- Milk thistle (Silybum marianum) is a Mediterranean herb that has been used for thousands of years for liver ailments.
- Andrographis panniculata, better known as Kalmegh in Ayurveda, is native to India and Sri Lanka. It helps protect the liver from toxins.
- Phyllanthus niruri, better known as Stonebreaker Herb, has recently been discovered to be useful in the treatment of hepatitis B. It is effective as an anti-viral herb.
- Licorice (Glycyrrhiza glabra) is beneficial as a hepatitis B treatment, but should not be taken for more than four to six weeks. It has been used in Japan as a therapy for chronic viral hepatitis.
© Newsmax. All rights reserved.